How to use our fishing spots with your GPS devices
Using North Carolina Fishing Maps for your GPS, Phone and Tablet – See how these fishing maps work and what’s included. GPS Fishing Maps offers customers over 10 years in the Fishing Spots business to bring you the best Fishing Maps available for beginning or avid fishermen. Our North Carolina Offshore Fishing Maps will optimize your fishing time with accurate Offshore GPS coordinates to top Fishing Spots for Tuna, Mahi, King Mackerel, Blues, Snapper, Grouper and more!
1. North Carolina Fishing Spots for your boats GPS – If your GPS accepts an SD card, the days of typing in GPS coordinates is over with! We email you copy and paste GPS files with any purchase, that loads our spots to a blank SD card, then imports to your GPS! Once loaded into your GPS from the SD Card, all the GPS coordinates and their names will show on your GPS map screen and in your waypoints list on your GPS. See fishing spots loaded to a GPS (views vary greatly, depending on GPS make, model and age) Our spots work with Garmin, Humminbird, Raymarine, Lowrance, Simrad and Furuno TZ touch GPS and MFD chart plotters that accept an SD card. If you’re not sure about your GPS compatibility, contact us with your make and model and questions using this form. Preloaded GPS SD cards are also available. Choose the preloaded option and checkout and we’ll mail your card loaded and ready for your GPS make and model.
2. Use your mobile device as a fishing GPS trip planner with our North Carolina Google Earth fishing maps for your phone and tablet. This file opens on your mobile device using the free Google Earth app and a couple others we reveal in the instructions. You can use any app that accepts a Google Earth file, but remember, we only recommend using a marine GPS for accurate and true navigation.. See a sample of what it looks like on a Tablet (Samples do not show all spots)
3. View comments on your North Carolina fishing spots – Most of our fishing spots have comments about what type of bottom, structure or other info about the fishing spot. Much of this info transfers to your GPS comment section (depending on how your GPS accepts comments) and comments are shown with a simple click using Google Earth and Google Maps on many devices. See a Sample of Fishing Spots Comments
4. Label Matched, printable North Carolina GPS Fishing Coordinates in Lat/Long document for viewing or printing the Lat/Long coordinates. The GPS coordinates are name matched with all other files in your purchase and can be entered into any GPS in the world. Print this and take it with you on the boat, or save the file for safe-keeping in case you ever need it for reference or you find the need for using the lat/long coordinates for your purchased area. See a GPS coordinates list sample (Samples may or may not show local fishing spots)
5. Advanced Fishing and Rigging Tutorials upon request, for nearshore and offshore fishing from North Carolina and the East coast in general. Our guides and commercial fishermen have come together to compile excellent, detailed tutorials for those who need them to include tips on rigging for offshore bottom fishing, rigging and trolling on the East Coast and Coastal North Carolina offshore fishing.
6. All the above mentioned files are included with any purchase from this website. The files are conveniently emailed the same day of purchase to get you on the water immediately. Note: For you convenience, these files are sent in a ZIP file for easy handling. We suggest un-zipping/Extracting the Files to an easy to find location, such as the desktop on your computer. Mobile files open very simply from your email into your chosen GPS or Google Earth app.